January 28, 2011

Favorite Friday: Texas Edition

Woohoo it's Friday! Don't act like you aren't excited. Here's what is catching my eye this week. 
OPI Texas collection
OPI has some pretty smart marketing people because Texans love themselves and their state which is why I'm so excited for this collection coming out nationwide on Wednesday.  
Austin-tatious Turquoise, San Tan-tonio, & Y'all Come Back Ya Hear?
The colors from this collection that catch my eye most are the Austin-tatious Turquoise- named after my city and a lovely color that would make a great pedi! The San Tan-tonio keeps up with the tan nail craze and it could be pretty but I'll have to see it in person to decide.  Every Texas fan will definitely want Ya'll Come Back Ya Hear? which is the signature burnt orange.  If you live in Austin and you're excited for this collection then get this: If you go to a Beauty Store Salon & Spa location on Wednesday (2/2) and bring a canned good for the Capital Area Food Bank you can choose an OPI color of your choice for free! More info here. What color will you choose?


Try Someplace New: An Austin soda fountain
Image from Yelp
The weekend is always a good time to try a new restaurant. I've been wanting to try Nau's Enfield Drug.  It's a pharmacy with an old-fashioned soda fountain in the back. I love throw-back type places and I bet I'll really be able to go for a grilled cheese & a chocolate malt after my 8 mile run on Sunday.


Hello paradise!
Finally another blog to check out: Broke is the New Black written by a good friend of mine and my sorority big sister, Laura. She's hilarious!! Not only is the blog entertaining but she also posts stunning pictures like this one. On that note- have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment