|Salmon in parchment ready to be folded & cooked!|
Sesame-Ginger Salmon en Papillote
Recipe adapted from Cooking Channel
- Zest of 1/2 an orange
- 1 teaspoon peeled, minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 heads baby bok choy, ends trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup snow peas
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil, for brushing packets
- 1/3 cup diagonally thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Combine the orange zest, ginger, soy sauce, orange juice, vinegar, and sesame oil together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Fold 4 (16 by-12-inch) parchment paper squares in 1/2 lengthwise.
- Evenly divide the bok choy, bell peppers, peas and bean sprouts among the 4 parchment packets. Season the vegetables with 1 tablespoon sesame-ginger marinade. Place a salmon fillet on top of the vegetables and season with the black pepper and an additional tablespoon of the marinade.
- Fold the top half of the parchment over the fish, and overlap small folds along the open edge to seal. (If you need help with this step this tutorial helps!)
- Place the packets on a baking sheet and brush each packet with olive oil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the parchment paper puffs up.
- Transfer the parchment packets to plates. Carefully cut the packets open, avoiding the hot steam, and serve.