May 5, 2011

5 de Mayo!

Ole!
Hola! Happy Cinco de Mayo. I love this day because it's filled with memories of so many fun nights out with friends. Tonight will be no exception- Some friends & I are going on a sunset boat cruise with a picnic and of course some margaritas. In Austin people LOVE their margaritas and Mexican martinis. Until I moved back to Texas I'd never had a Mexican martini so I thought I'd share a recipe. They're very similar to a margarita but they're served in a shaker and they're typically very strong. Enjoy one today at your fiesta.

Mexican Martini (makes 1)
Recipe from here.
Ingredients
  • 2 fluid ounces tequila
  • 1 fluid ounce Cointreau liqueur
  • 1 -2 fluid ounce Sprite
  • 1 fluid ounce orange juice
  • Juice of 1/2 lime
  • Jalapeno stuffed olives
To make:
  1. Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into glass rimmed with salt; add stuffed olives.

No comments:

Post a Comment