|Chocolate peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter sauce|
If you don't have an ice cream maker you should seriously reconsider. It makes amazing froyo and it doesn't get much simpler than this recipe. This stuff is sooo good and doesn't have any of the unpronounceable crap that is in some store bought ice cream. Chocolate peanut butter is my favorite combo and topped with my homemade peanut butter sauce this is the most divine dessert! Enjoy!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
From The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz
- 2 cups half-and-half
- ¼ cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- ½ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- Whisk together the half-and-half, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt in a large saucepan. Heat the mixture, whisking frequently, until it comes to a full, rolling boil (it will start to foam up). Remove from the heat and whisk in the peanut butter, stirring until thoroughly blended.
- Chill the mixture thoroughly, then freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Lala's Crunchy Peanut Butter Sauce
- Smooth peanut butter
- Rice krispies cereal
- Put as much peanut butter as you'd like for a topping into a microwavable bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until the mixture is pourable. Stir in the cereal and drizzle over ice cream. Eat!