May 3, 2011

Ball Gowns Galore: Met Ball 2011

Renee Zellweger, Mary Kate Olsen, Brooklyn Decker, Nicole Richie, & Sarah Jessica Parker
Click to enlarge. All photos from Getty Images
The Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute Gala Ball was last night and if that means GOWNS! Celebrities usually wear really amazing, over the top dresses to this event and the day after is like Christmas morning to people like me. This year I was really surprised though! The stand out trend was a high cut, long sleeved silhouette- not what I was expecting in May. It's a very conservative look- do you like it? I'm not sold yet. To compare- this was what people wore in 2009. My favorites of the night were Gisele (of course) and Ashley Greene. If I had my choice of gowns for this event I'd wear a show-stopper like they did.  For more pics check out this site.
Showstoppers! Ashley Greene & Gisele
Photo Getty Images

1 comment:

  1. Mary Kate Olsen has never worn anything flattering since she was a child acting as a character on a tv series. Being style-less must be her style. She not only needs a decent stylist full time but she needs a hairdresser. That being said, it's telling and almost frightening when she is associated with a clothing trend - this is no exception.

    ReplyDelete