May 4, 2011

All Veg Power Smoothie

Vegetable smoothie
If you're looking for an iPhone app to help you exercise look no further than Nike Training Club. The app has different interval training workouts for you to do at home. I've only used it twice so far but both times were a challenge (in a good way). As you do workouts with the app you earn "rewards" and the last reward I earned was recipes for Power Smoothies. Most of the recipes are pretty normal but this veggie one stood out so I decided to try it after a weekend of less than healthy choices. It's a good way to up your vegetable intake. It tastes like a bunch of vegetables but sometimes that's what you need.

Not your typical smoothie ingredients!
All-Veg Power Smoothie
Recipe adapted from Nike
Ingredients:
  • 1 carrot
  • Chunk of ginger, chopped
  • Half a ripe avocado 
  • Quarter of a cucumber 
  • 1 stick of celery
  • 4 oz apple juice (I used orange) 
  • Ice cubes
To make:
  1. Chop all the vegetables in a blender. Blend with the apple juice & ice until smooth. 

2 comments:

  1. I think I would prefer V8 instead of a fruit juice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I had to try but I can't say I'll be making this all the time. It wasn't disgusting but it was interesting!

    ReplyDelete