|Recent homemade pizzas|
Adapted from this recipe.
- .25 oz. pkt. active dry yeast
- 1/4 tsp. granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup 110 degree water
- 1 3/4 cups bread flour (all purpose works but bread flour works best)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Cheese, sauce, & toppings of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in water and allow to rest for 8 minutes. Meanwhile in a large separate bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- Pour the yeast mixture over the flour mixture and mix with a heavy spoon.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead for 2 minutes.
- Working from the edges to the center, press dough into a 12" circle.
- Place the dough on a lightly greased pizza pan before adding toppings.
- Brush the dough lightly with olive oil and season with Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes & garlic salt. Add sauce, cheese and toppings of your choice.
- Bake the pizza in a 500 degree oven for 8-12 minutes, or until edges are golden.