February 17, 2011

Love-ly Dinner Party

Valentine roses
I threw a dinner party at my apartment on Valentine's Day. There were 8 of us total and to keep things simple I asked each couple to bring a dish and some wine. The appetizer was bruschetta and spinach artichoke dip, then there was a Caesar salad. I served the main course (baked shrimp scampi with pasta) and dessert was red velvet cupcakes and chocolate covered strawberries.
Waiting for guests to arrive
I wanted the evening to feel more special than the average get together so to class it up I used white tablecloths, red place mats, and tea light candles. The amazing flowers that my boyfriend brought me added to the display as well.
Table Settings 
View of the table 
Cupcakes & strawberries
The idea of throwing a dinner party for 8 can be overwhelming. To ease the stress and save money I borrowed dishes from my parents, a table/stools from friends, and I made the place mats and napkins myself. I used candy as a party favor and decorated with fresh flowers & confetti. All in all it was a very memorable and fun evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment