March 30, 2011

Homemade Froyo

Homemade froyo right out of the machine
A lot of my friends have been looking forward to this recipe so I won't put it off any longer. I made my own froyo this weekend and it was ridiculously easy and delicious. If you have an ice cream maker then get it ready! I adapted my recipe from David Lebovitz's frozen yogurt recipe. The great thing about this is that it's super adaptable. Add more or less sugar & whatever flavors you like. I'm excited to play around with it! If the blackberries seem familiar it's because I used the leftover puree from this recipe to make margaritas- yum!

Topped with tasty granola
Blackberry Frozen Yogurt
Adapted from this recipe 

Ingredients:
  • 3 cups plain, whole milk Greek yogurt
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1 pint fresh blackberries
To make:
  1. Puree blackberries in a blender until smooth. Strain out the seeds using a sieve or mesh strainer.
  2. Mix together the yogurt, sugar, and blackberry puree. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Refrigerate 1 hour.
  3. Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
  4. Top with your favorite froyo toppings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment