|Image from Allrecipes|
I'm always too busy eating to remember to take pictures!
Roughly adapted from this recipe
- 1 pound dry ziti pasta (or penne, any short pasta will do, whole wheat if you like)
- 3 ½ cups of your favorite jarred (or homemade) tomato sauce
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream or ricotta cheese
- ½ pound of mozzarella cheese, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; do not overcook! Drain and return to pot. Add in the sauce and mix.
- Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, 1/2 of the cubed mozzarella, Provolone cheese, sour cream, remaining ziti, remaining mozzarella and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted. Serve immediately.