Bar cookies are so easy- they take no time and we all love them. These cookies are super sweet and fun to bring along to a party or sleepover (if you still do that type of thing). Last time I made these I packaged them up and shipped them to some friends in D.C. I was thinking about making more today since one of my old college roommates is coming in town. See? Sleepovers still do happen!
Adapted from Bakerella
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 lb. light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup M&M’s*
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips*
*You could use any combination of candies/nuts for this. I like the color of the M&Ms and I like the flavor of the chips.
- Set oven to 350 degrees and spray a 13 X 9 pan with non-stick spray.
- To begin, sift flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine butter and sugar using a mixer until blended. Add eggs, one at a time to sugar mixture, mixing on low in between each addition. Add vanilla and mix. Add flour and mix until combined. Stir in chips.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.