The formula is pretty basic:
Something sweet + an egg dish + fruit + a morning cocktail = success!
We made chocolate chip pecan pancakes, fruit salad, bacon, mimosas and mini-frittatas. The mini-frittatas were so easy and since they bake, the stovetop was free for pancakes/bacon. Next time you make brunch even if it's just a small get together I strongly suggest making these. Feel free to sub out veggies & cheeses. If you want more tips for hosting brunch check out this post from Big Girls Small Kitchen.
|Forgot to take a photo! This one's from Flikr|
Adapted from this recipe
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease 12 muffin cups. Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper in medium bowl until blended. Add cheese and veggies; mix well. Spoon evenly into greased muffin cups, about 1/4 cup each.
- Bake at 350 degrees until just set, 20 to 22 minutes. Cool on rack 5 minutes. Remove from cups & serve warm.