March 4, 2011

Favorite Friday

Delicious homemade bread
It's Friday once again! The last few days my sister and her two boys ("nuggets" as I call them) have been in town. My sister just discovered talent for baking beautiful artisan bread from scratch. Yesterday she showed me some of her skills and this morning I had a great piece of toast for breakfast! Check out her blog for more bread baking adventures.
My Gelish Nails in a light silver
Yesterday I used a daily deal and got a gelish manicure. These manis dry instantly after being cured in UV light. They look flawless and they last up to 3 weeks. I had mine done at Nails Naturally and I know Embellish offers something similar.
My collection of elephant kitchen items
As a kid I always wondered about my mom's collection of chicken kitchen items. She had so many chickens (usually ceramic) that she displayed on top of the cabinets. Beyond that there were chicken platters, tablecloths and more. How does that happen? A chicken isn't even cute. Well now that I'm older I'm starting to understand. I love elephants and so mostly through gifts I'm developing quite the elephant collection in my kitchen (and in my jewelry box). I figure I might as well embrace it!

Have a happy weekend everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment